Saturday, September 1, 2012

What I love about Sundays..

"Go home into your blue jeans. Have some chicken and some baked beans. Pick a backyard football team, nothin much of anything. That's what I love about Sunday"-- LOVE IT! Craig Morgan really hit the jackpot with this song. As I'm about to flip the lights out for the night, I can't stop singing this in my head. Maybe because that's the perfect Sunday song? Maybe cause I'm just delirious and need sleep? Orrrrrrrrr maybe because I absolutely can not wait for my Momma's cookin tomorrow? Yes, I think that's it!

Since my birthday falls on a Wednesday, Momma figured it'd work out best to get the family together this Sunday rather than during the week. After church she's cooking my birthday dinner and inviting my lovely Moore fam over to join! Instead of that chicken and baked beans, we'll be having my absolute favorite Sunday dinner: A crock pot full of roast, potatoes, and carrots. And we can't forget the best part...CORNBREAD! The dessert will be my birthday cake-Red Velvet (my fave!) Is it bad that my mouth is watering just thinking about the food? I have problems.

Other than that big meal, I plan to be in my hoodie and sweats- relaxing, being lazy, blogging, reading, etc. The forecast for tomorrow is 60% chance of rain which means-perfect lazy weather! Now THATS what I love about Sundays.

Now that I've rambled and bored you about all this food at 11:30pm, I think it's time to calm it down and hit the sack! 

What are your favorite Sunday meals? Share with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment