Friday, August 31, 2012

UPDATE!

For those of you who read my post about donating to the Big Brothers/Big Sister's Organization, I figured I'd give you an update on the turn out. I was AMAZED at the amount of school supplies that were donated!

Here's the trunk of goodies before dropping them off at BBBS!


Thank you again to all my friends and family that took just a LITTLE time out of their day to make a child smile so BIG! You all are FABULOUS!

I figured I'd share that hroughout this process I decided to become a mentor for the Big Brothers/Big Sisters organization! They are currently in the process of finding me a match and I absolutely can not wait to meet my little sister! I was a part of a mentoring program a couple years ago called Be Hope USA and it was one of the best experiences of my life. Believe me, it would be yours too! These children need a positive influence in their life as well as a lot of LOVE. We all have a little extra love and attention to give, right? All it takes is one hour out of the week! If you think mentoring is something you'd enjoy then please please please do it! BBBS is welcoming people (both men and women) to come forward and mentor! Here is a couple ways to contact BBBS.

Website: http://www.bbbstristate.org
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/bigbrothers.bigsisters.37
Phone: 304-522-2191


"One thing I know; the only ones among you who will be really happy are those who will have sought and found how to serve. "~ Albert Schweitzer

No comments:

Post a Comment