Wednesday, September 12, 2012

ZUMBA!

 
 
Well ladies (and gents), it's that time again! School's back in session which means it's time for us to come together and shake that weight off- Zumba style!

For those of you who are unfamiliar with this workout, listen up! Zumba is a Latin inspired dance fitness program that has become so popular not only in the US but around the world. Here's a little fact for you: More than 14 million people of all shapes and ages participate in weekly Zumba classes in over 140,000 locations across more than 150 countries.

Something that tends to rub me the wrong way is when I hear this statement: "Zumba isn't a real workout." Whoever says this either 1. Has never been to a REAL zumba class. 2. Has been to a class but SLACKS. As you dance (salsa, calypso, cumbia, meringue, quebradita, reggaeton and samba) you are exercising and raising your heart rate, which means burning calories and fat. All of the moves require FULL body movement so please tell me how this isn't a workout? Those who actually put forth the effort WILL get results and I encourage whoever thinks that Zumba is not a real work out to come to our class because I guarantee you'll leave thinking differently :) (Shewwwww! I feel better now!)
 
Personally, I love to dance and I have my mother to thank for that. If music is playing, good luck trying to get me to sit still or focus :) It's just in my genes! However, just because I like to dance doesn't mean I'm necessarily "good" and THAT is the beauty of Zumba. There is absolutely no skill required in order to do Zumba the "right" way. There is no right or wrong because it's all about YOUR way and your level of comfort. As an instructor, we provide guidance but it is up to YOU to make the moves yours: Own it!

Zumba in a nutshell: Dancing, smiling, and laughing your booty off with some cool ladies for an hour while burning major calories in the process.

Our Zumba classes will be starting back up NEXT WEEK (September 18th).  Classes will be weekly on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6:00-7:00pm at the Buffalo Middle School Gym. The price is $4.00 a class or you can buy a punch card: 11 classes for $40.00 which means you get one class free ;) 

You are required to bring only 2 things: Your pretty little smile and your favorite dance moves! Let's have fun!
 
For my viewers outside of this area, head on over to www.zumba.com and find a class near you!

For those wondering just how many calories you can burn during a class go here:http://caloriesburnedhq.com/zumba-calories-burned/

No comments:

Post a Comment