Sunday, August 26, 2012

Vinson Pride/Audios Summertime!

Most don't understand why I'm completely content with where I'm from. Traveling and getting to see bigger cities is always a huge wake up call that there's more to life outside of what I know. However, what I know is what I want. In those big cities, you can't find the communities you have here. There's something about a small area that brings everyone closer together. You are forever attached to that one place that completely molded you as an individual. I grew up here in Westmoreland and was once/still am a Vinson Tiger (proud of it ;) ) and I want nothing more than to TEACH in the county that made my childhood/adolescent years a memorable one. Some people can't be content living here. I on the other hand can. 

Nothing says it more than when over 300 men and their families come from all over the nation to gather and celebrate THEIR Tiger pride.  No matter where life took them, this night brought them all back together again. It was ALL for Gary Norris and Coach Smith, as the gym and floor were named after them! What a legacy for these coaches and the Vinson community! 

I think it says something special when this many players show up to honor their coach! What an amazing night!



It's been one heck of a summer and it's always sad to see it go BUT I believe I'm ready for fall! Football games, Holidays, Family Time, and Coffee- I believe it's my favorite season! The only thing I'm not ready for is classes to start. This is the first semester where I am desperately trying to find my mojo (as my mom would say- ha!). This will be my last semester of classes and I'll finish up with student teaching in the spring. Thank you sweet Jesus! I've had fun blogging about my summer but I see a lot of teaching/project posts (the real reason for this blog)in the near future! So long sweet summer!


No comments:

Post a Comment