Monday, July 16, 2012

Deals & Steals

For those who don't know, us teacher's have a TIGHT budget when preparing for the school year. The $100 to $200 that is given to teacher's for their classrooms never covers for all of the supplies and materials needed. In result, we dig into our own pockets which let me just tell you does NOT end up pretty. Well actually everything ends up pretty except the balance in our checking account ;) The reality is: Teachers can NEVER have enough supplies and materials. Ever since I switched my major two years ago, I have been stocking up.

To the teacher's who don't know: There ARE ways to SAVE! My absolute favorites places to pick up deals are the Dollar Tree (EVERYTHING is $1.00- Yeehaw!), Dollar General, and Goodwill (great selection of children's books). Recently, I learned that WalMart has an .88 cent aisle full of supplies for your classroom. I literally squealed at the sight of these deals. I believe teachers TRULY know how to appreciate a great deal so I felt it was appropriate to spread the word to my pals! Pictures and texts were sent to my fellow pre-service teacher, Ms. Casey Shreve! I then proceeded to call one of my best friends who just finished her first year of teaching. (Congrats again Ms. Frye!)

Here are the deals and steals I found today. Keep in mind, each item is only .88 cents!











(Might be the cutest file folders I've ever seen)


The grand total for all of these WalMart items? Only $15.86!! I guarantee if I were to head into a Parent/Teacher store and purchase all of these items I would at least be spending $80-$90. There's nothing that makes me smile more than getting great bargains for my future classroom! Feel free to share with me some of your deals and steals!

 Adios! :)

2 comments:

  1. So wonderful for you to share your treasures, Morgan. Your students are gonna love you. Thanks for sharing....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you sweet momma bear.. Even though you commented under my name. Haha I love you!!

    ReplyDelete