Monday, May 7, 2012

Summer Classes Begin!

As many college students are going home for summer/vacationing/not doing anything school related- I will be in a classroom for not one class, but two! Today was the start of intersession classes, and as nerdy as this sounds- I was actually quite anxious to start. My first class is my early childhood class, which I already love. Along with this course is a 15 hour clinical! Clinicals are my thing. I would much rather be out in the field with the students than sitting in a classroom full of lectures. I mean, don't we learn so much more from observing and actually working WITH the kids, rather than learning about kids in a textbook? Anywho, I'm excited to see where this course leads!

My second class is classroom management. We got out early on the first day, so that put a pretty big smile on my face! There is a couple assignments that I'm eager to do.  We have a "First Day of School" presentation, that I think is going to be just fabulous! I already have my idea and am still doing some brainstorming so I will post more on that (with pictures) once it gets closer! The main thing I want to share is something that happened at the beginning of this class.  Of course, our professor wants to get to know us so when she called our name, we were to share something special and unique about ourselves. It came to this one girl who decided to share with us how she was in a gospel band with her family.  Our professor said, "Would you sing for us? How about Amazing Grace?"  This girl belches out one of the most beautiful voices I've ever heard. First of all, the lyrics and melody to Amazing Grace ALWAYS shoots right to my heart. But this girl, WOW! I immediately got chills and couldn't help but tear up.  How brave was she? A college class full of twenty students you don't personally know, a professor you don't know, and a room of silence?  What a blessing she was to our class. This was a complete pick-me-up. I mean, how could I not go about my day feeling blessed?

I now need to get back to these assignments that are already beginning to make my brain go a million miles a minute! Happy Monday!

Morgan Blair 

No comments:

Post a Comment