Sunday, May 13, 2012

God is good, all the time. All the time, God is good.

God is good, all the time. All the time, God is good. Do you agree?

Hello bloggers, viewers, and friends! Hope you've had a great Sunday/Mother's Day. I sure have, and I believe I owe it all to this morning's sermon.  It was so wonderful, I have to share! Our message today was about "Finding Time". Not finding time to be with your mother, your friends, to go shopping, etc., but finding time for Jesus. In today's society, everything moves so fast.  We get up, rush to work, and then do whatever we can to get at least half of our To-Do list finished.  For me, I wake up and head to school for 8 hours, go to work, then come home just to do more school work. Stressed doesn't even begin to explain how I feel each day. Yes, I talk to the Father. But, enough? Absolutely not.

Our preacher wasn't in town today, so someone filled in. She has a heart for Jesus and is a great spiritual role model for anyone who knows her.  With having that said, she completely wowed me today with her words.  She stressed that speaking to God every morning can indeed set the mood to your day.  As soon as your feet hit the floor in the mornings, your knees should too. Make your bed the altar, and yourself the sacrifice.  Ask God to use you to the best of your ability, to be a light, and to be a blessing to someone you cross paths with that day.

It really is so important to take time to be holy. One cannot over estimate the importance of finding time in our "busy schedules"to be with the Lord alone- through prayer and the reading of his word. After all, we are his children and we should put ALL of our trust in him.  That leads into another suggestion Syd had for us...Making friends of God's children. Spend time with like-minding people to fellowship with one another. She spoke about her grandfather who worked on the farm. He barely made it in to town but once a week. When he passed another person he never needed to use his rein on his horses because they just knew to stop.  He would stop and talk to every single person who passed him.  Whether it was checking to see how their day was, talking about their family, how the sky was blue or how the grass was green, etc. Catch my drift?  No matter what, he made time.  He made time to fellowship with friends, and even strangers.  Today, we are making sure we make time to update our Facebook, twitter, blogs, iPhones, etc.  So many "tools" and so little Jesus.

We must not be so busy that we forget to talk to the man upstairs.  We must not be so busy that we forget to fellowship and help others when there is an opportunity. There are so many benefits of being holy. We will be blessed with inner happiness and peace. Most of all, we will have renewed strength with our Savior, Jesus Christ.

On top of the great sermon, we sang one of my favorite choruses today, "Breathe"

"This is the air I breathe.  This is the air I breathe.
 Your Holy presence, living in me.  This is my daily bread.
  This is my daily bread.  Your very word, spoken to me.  And I,
  I'm, I'm desprate for you.  And I, I'm lost without you.  And I, I'm
  I'm lost without you.  This is the air I breathe. This is the air I breathe."

Something about this song calms my heart.  One last thing about today's sermon melted my heart and it was the "Children's Time".  Before the children go to children's church, they go forward and have children time with the preacher.  Today's lesson was on giving and receiving.  She asked the kids how much they liked m&m's. Of course they all replied with, "Yeahhhhhhh!" "This much!" "I loveeeeeeee them!".  So, she gave them each a mini bag of m&ms, but told them not to open them.  Once each child had a bag, she said "Okay, now I want you to go find someone in this room that you love and give them your bag of candy."  Of course, they all shouted out "Awwwwwwwww man".  But, each child ran off giggling and smiling, giving their candy to their loved ones.  Then, right back up there they went.  She said to them, it is more of a blessing to give than to receive. This is hard for a child to understand. Being a child, and having to give your candy away? Shoot, that's tough! She said to them "you receive an inner blessing by giving, and since you all were so nice to give yours away, I'm giving you all each a BIG bag of m&ms!" How cool is that? I guarantee each child walked away with a new outlook on giving.

Be a blessing to someone this week & find time to talk to our Father, for he is the soul reason we are here. Have a great week!


P.s......A special shout out to my beautiful mother, Sidney! What in the world I would do without her- I have no clue! Happy Mother's Day, you gorgeous thang! ;)


Morgan Blair

3 comments:

  1. Loved this post, Morg! And you! You're such a great blogger!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ANDDDDD. I nominated you for an award on my blog this morning. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you my sweet love :) I'm going to do it as soon as I find time!

    ReplyDelete